StartW8 220.127.116.11 | 813 KB
StartW8 is the Start Menu Replacement for Windows 8, which replace missing Start button in Windows 8 for you. This free, quick and easy app lets you return Windows 7-style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements. StartW8 allows users to access their apps and folders with greater ease as it adds a fully-functional Start Menu to their Windows 8 computer or notebook. Users can also easily search a specific file or program by entering a relevant keyword, or they can simply shut down their PC, reboot or switch users. The StartW8 start menu includes everything you need, from log off, lock and turn off buttons, Favorites section, a search box. You also have the possibility to skip the start screen and access the desktop directly. StartW8 can be enabled for some users on your system, disabled for others, ensuring everyone gets the interface they prefer.
StartW8 has the options to turn off the “hot corners” individually, set the default Power button action or choose exactly which folders should be on the Start menu (Music, Videos, Computer, Control Panel etc) .
By default StartW8 will boot you to the desktop, and allows you to open the Start menu when pressing the Windows key (on the desktop), for instance, but you can change that if you like.
StartW8 key features:
- Automatically switch to desktop immediately after signing in
- Added Windows Start menu in Windows 8 design, but Windows 7 functionality
- Activate menu with Win key
- Log off, lock and turn off buttons
- Traditional search field
- Favourite applications
- All user configurable
- Support for silent installation
- Multilanguage support (25 languages)
- Option to ignore the Hot corner
- Option to ignore both right Hot corners
- Option to ignore top left Hot corner
- 7 new translations included (Danish, Finnish, Japanese, Lithunian, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish)
- Automatic check for update
- The list of recent items is filled immediately after the installation
Link Download :